- corms are edible raw.
- corms were traditionally collected in early spring.
- corms have improved taste after boiling.
- corms are best when roasted in hot ashes or low flame for an hour.
- boiled corms can be dried for storage.
- young seed pods are edible edible raw.
- grows in hills, grasslands and pine forests.
- warning: do not confuse bulbs with those of the poisonous Death Camases, such as Mountain Death-Camas (Zigadenus elegans) and Meadow Death-Camas (Zigadenus venenosus), which grow in similar areas and have similar looking bulbs, but have white flowers.