- above-ground parts can be eaten raw.
- best when cooked or dipped in saltwater to counteract bloating.
- flowerheads can be eaten raw, dried or cooked.
- flowerheads and seedheads can be ground into flour.
- sprouts have the best taste.
- creeping stems and roots can be cooked.
- varieties in Nunavut are Red clover (Trifolium pratense), Alsike clover (Trifolium hybridum) and White clover (Trifolium repens).
- grows in a wide range of terrain, look in disturbed soil areas.
- warning: difficult to digest, can cause bloating.
- warning: red clover in autumn should be avoided or not be eaten in large quantities due to alkaloids.